Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Intro Blog

            I am a father, a husband, a son and a brother.  I play a multitude of other roles, but those 4 are the most important.  I am seldom, if ever, just one of these.  All the roles in my life are dependent upon the others.  There is an ebb and flow to the parts and the role they play in my life.  Sometimes this blending helps to improve and strengthen the parts – the sum of the parts being greater than the whole.  Other times it serves to weaken the parts.  I spend my days going through my routines and responsibilities trying to insure that I meet all my obligations.  Sometimes the tasks are easy.  Sometimes they seem Gordian.  And other times they take on a Sisyphus-like tasking.
             I look back on my life and wonder how the experiences in my life have influenced and affected me.  Did my early years, or better yet, how much did my early years in Memphis affect the man I am today?  I look back with fondness to those years in Memphis.  Climbing the big sycamore tree in my back yard.  Going to my Grandparents house.  Playing with my best friend, David Z., who lived across the street.  These and dozens of other memories flood my thoughts.  Each thought leads to another and they are all happy.  Could this happy childhood be a source of trouble in my life today?  Well, I admittedly have the self-awareness of a gnat, so I don’t know. I hope not.  I hope (believe??) that those experiences have helped to make me a better father.  With the time that I spend writing about my life I hope & expect that I will gain some of the awareness and insight required to answer this and other questions.  I will try to make my recollections, thoughts and musings entertaining.  Perhaps you will learn something about yourself as you read about my life.  This will be my journey, but it will be nice if you would walk with me for a while.
Collins 

No comments:

Post a Comment